MORTAR FORMULA AND SAMPLE
1. Before commencement of any removal of existing mortar, Contractor will collect a sample of the original pointing mortar.
2. Mortar sample shall be analyzed chemically to determine the actual ratio of sand, lime, and other materials in the mortar mix.
3. Mortar formula shall be provided to the customer.
4. Prior to start of the work, a field sample panels shall be prepared to demonstrate: Protection of adjacent masonry from damage. Containment of debris. Masonry cleaning by hand and by mechanical methods. Cutting and removal of existing mortar. Cleaning and preparation of the joints to be repointed or re-bedded. Installation of bedding and pointing mortar. Finish color and texture of joints to be repointed, using provided formula.
5. Prior to start of work, Contractor shall obtain approval of sample panel from Customer.